Town of Pittsford, Vermont

Website Archive

Click here to return to site.

 

Town of Pittsford
Select Board Minutes
8/18/04  

 APPROVED

Thomas “Hank” Pelkey opened the meeting at 7:00 P.M.  The Board members present were: Thomas “Hank” Pelkey, Dave Markowski, Allen Hitchcock (7:20), Larry Pomainville and Joseph Gagnon.  Also present were Michael Balch, Al Westin, Roy Newton, Mike Solari, Don Nickless and Paula Bizon Recording Secretary.

 

MINUTES

The Board minutes of 8/4/04 were reviewed, discussed and approved. 

 

ORDERS

The orders of 8/18/04 were reviewed, discussed and approved.   The Board asked how long the Town is responsible for rental on the temporary bridge that has since been removed.  M. Balch will research the VTrans agreement and report back to the Board.  The order was removed.

 

TOWN MANAGER’S REPORT

  • M. Balch has had a meeting with two residents from Arch St. about their concerns on the current rate of speed along the road.  The night patrols have been recently reduced; however, the day patrols seem to be adequate.  The alternatives to the current situation were discussed. The residents are still not satisfied with the speed along the road. The Board discussed possible actions that would have a positive impact on the traffic volume and speed along Arch St.  The Board’s consensus was to leave the situation as is and continue with patrols.
  • The Board that the Listers have completed their work plan and that plan will be presented at the next meeting.  B. Babcock’s work plan will also be available for the Board’s review at the next meeting.
  • The transfer station compactor specifications have been determined and possible vendors are being researched.
  • The Town Newsletter has been mailed.
  • Heating fuel bids are still being worked on.
  • The revised Emergency Management Plan will be discussed tonight.
  • The Union contract information and the Board’s concerns have been compiled.  The Board will be discussing that information later tonight.
  • M. Balch has contracted with the paving contractors of the paving award.
  • D. Cleary has been met with and material is being furnished as to his requests.
  • The recent sewer allocations with conditions would be sent out this week.
  •  Larry Fusco has been thanked for his sign contribution through the Town newsletter.
  • B. Babcock will research the sump-pump concern at the resident’s home that is up for sale.

 

PUBLIC COMMENT

R. Newton asked the Board about the road damage that occurred over the past weekend and if additional funding will be requested.  M. Balch stated that those numbers are still being put together.

 

The Board noted that the gate down at the transfer station has been put in place by the snowmobile club as per their agreement.

 

The Board recessed and went onto Sewer Board at 6:36 P.M. and reconvened at 6:45 P.M.

 

OLD BUSINESS

 Emergency Management Plan

A.Westin was present to answer any of the Board’s questions in reference to the revised Emergency Management Plan.  A. Westin presented an example of response time from this past weekend.  Sand bags were requested and received within twenty minutes of the request from the State Police as per the plan.  A. Westin explained the chain of command once the plan is executed.  The Board asked for an explanation of Emergency Management Coordinator responsibilities.  A. Westin explained the responsibilities of the Coordinator as a point of contact and notification procedures.  The Board recommended that anytime an acronym is used in the plan an explanation should also be present. D. Markowski moved and L. Pomainville seconded a motion to accept the revised Emergency Management Plan as presented.  Unanimously approved.

 

R. Newton and A. Westin departed at 7:30 P.M.

 

Wildlife Management Area

A. Hitchcock updated the Board on the current status of the Wildlife Management Area agreement.  All parties except Ducks Unlimited have accepted the agreement.  It was the agreement of all parties to move ahead on the agreement even if Ducks Unlimited is not in support. 

 

 

NEW BUSINESS

Planning Commission Update

M. Solari was present to update the Board on the current status of the Town’s Zoning regulations.  The Zoning regulations were completed two to three months ago.  However, since then the State has changed some of the requirements.  M. Solari stated that the regulations would be revised once the State changes have been implemented.  M. Solari informed the Board that the Planning Commission has lost three members, which makes it a two member Board.  The Board needs to advertise for new members or restructure the Planning Commission and Zoning Board of Adjustment at this time.  The Board discussed courses of action for the Boards.  M. Balch will research the ordinance and report back to the Board.  M. Balch will also contact Jim Carroll to do a presentation on combining the Boards.  The Planning Commission and Zoning Boards will be invited to the meeting with J. Carroll and the Selectboard ASAP.  M. Solari departed at 7:48 P.M.

 

Recreation Department

R. Adams addressed the Board on a requested schedule change due to family matters.  The Board reviewed the request.  D. Markowski moved and J. Gagnon seconded a motion to approve the schedule change as per R. Adams request.  R. Adams will report to work on Mondays and Wednesdays at 9:00 a.m. for the months of September, October and November.  Unanimously approved.  R. Adams requested some of the Board’s time in October to review his work plan.  The Board stated that he would need to be added to the meetings agenda when he is ready. 

 

EXECUTIVE SESSION

In accordance with 1VSA 312(b) where premature general public knowledge would clearly place the Municipality or person involved at a substantial disadvantage, the Board unanimously agreed to go into executive session to discuss contracts at 7:55 P.M.  Don Nickless and Michael Balch were invited to stay.  All others were excused.  The Board came out of executive session at 9:57 P.M. 

 

 

Without any further business, the Board adjourned at 9:59 P.M.

                         

Respectfully submitted:

       

Thomas “Hank” Pelkey, Chair

Larry Pomainville, Vice-Chair 

Dave Markowski, Selectman 

W. Joseph Gagnon, Selectman

Allan Hitchcock, Selectman

Paula Bizon, Recording Secretary 

 

 



Back to Town of Pittsford Home Page