Town of Pittsford
Thomas “Hank” Pelkey opened the meeting at 6:30 P.M. The Board members present were: Thomas “Hank” Pelkey, Larry Pomainville, Dave Markowski and Joseph Gagnon. Allen Hitchcock was absent. Also present were Michael Balch and Paula Bizon Recording Secretary.
The Board minutes of 11/10/04 were reviewed, discussed and approved.
The orders of 11/17/04 were reviewed, discussed and
TOWN MANAGER’S REPORT
The following items were reported to the Board:
- M. Balch mentioned that he and Helen have been very busy processing a tax sale and preparing the budget for the Board’s review, and indicated that they would be addressed at separate times in the future.
- M. Balch informed the Board that a VTrans steering committee is being formed on the Middlebury Rail Spur. The Board appointed Helen McKinlay as the Town’s representative.
- M. Balch informed the Board that he has attended a meeting on the VTrans US RT 7 work. This meeting was spent reviewing the Act 250 permit. There will be a pre-hearing in Feb 2005. As a result of that hearing the Town and others that qualify will achieve party status. The State has spent 6 million dollars so far on this project.
- Friday November 18, 2004 will be the six-month point that the Town has remained open during Thursday evening hours. It appears well received and the hours will remain the same at this time.
- The Town received a call from Senator Leahy’s office. The Fire Department will be receiving $147,000 grant for new equipment.
- M. Balch stated that the Town has invoiced the Haunted House expenses to the Fire Department.
- M. Balch informed the Board that P. Bizon has tendered her resignation, effective December 1, 2004. The Board accepted her resignation with regrets.
- M. Balch stated that he has been in touch with D. Cleary and their work is finishing up. He will have a report for the Board in about a month.
No comments were made.
The Board recessed the Select Board and went into the Sewer Board at 6:48 P.M. The Board reconvened at 6:49 P.M.
D. Markowski has furnished the Board with the listing of
the Sno-Mads trail system.
Road Access Permit
The Board reviewed the road access permit from Michael Wood, 31 Lafayette Street, Rutland, VT for a driveway on Orchard Hill (Lot 16), Pittsford, VT. The Highway Foreman has approved the permit without conditions. L. Pomainville moved and D. Markowski seconded a motion to approve the road access permit application from Michael Wood with the condition that the applicant signs the correct form. Unanimously approved.
Annual Budget 2005-2006
The Board reviewed the draft copy of the Town’s FY 2005-2006 budget. The Board reviewed the Highway Dept. budget. The priority of roads to be repaired will be West Creek Road and then Markowski Rd. The Board prioritized the rest of the Highway Department’s projects while level funding the Highway Dept. budget. The Board will firm up the highway budget along with projects at the Dec 1st meeting with the Highway Foreman. The Board discussed the Health Insurance increases. The Listers budget was reviewed. The Board has already approved a similar Listers budget earlier this year. The McClure Library budget was reviewed. M. Balch recommended that the Library Board be invited to the Dec 1st meeting to explain their budget increase requests. The Board requested information on how much is spent on the three libraries in Town, Lothrop Library, Otter Valley Library and McClure Library. The Board requested the Library Board be present at the Dec 1st meeting. The Police Department has requested an increase in hours per week, from 55 to 65 hours. The Police Department has been generating significant funding from tickets. The Board discussed how it is determined what the correct amount of patrol hours are needed for the Town. M. Balch stated that he has spoken with the officers and they are determining what it takes to keep traffic traveling safely and controlling quality of life crimes. The Board will discuss the hours with the Police Department at the Dec 1st meeting. The Recreation Dept. budget was reviewed. The Recreation Director has requested an increase in the day camp weeks from three to four weeks. The Board discussed the need to replace the recreation tractor. The Recreation Director has requested a new tractor in the 2007 budget. The Police, Library and Highway Departments will be present at the Dec 1st meeting.
Without any further business, the Board adjourned at 8:10 P.M.
Thomas “Hank” Pelkey, Chair
Larry Pomainville, Vice-Chair
Dave Markowski, Selectman
W. Joseph Gagnon, Selectman
Allan Hitchcock, Selectman - ABSENT
Paula Bizon, Recording Secretary