Town of Pittsford
The Board minutes of 10/27/04 were reviewed, discussed and approved. The dog hearing minutes of 11/03/04 were reviewed and discussed. The minutes will be corrected prior to the next Board meeting. The Finding of Facts and Conclusion of Law from the dog hearing were reviewed, discussed and approved.
The orders of 11/10/04 were reviewed, discussed and approved. The Board discussed the ad placed in the newspaper advertising the Haunted House. The Board reviewed the billing information. T. Pelkey abstained from this discussion. A. Hitchcock moved and J. Gagnon seconded a motion to approve the order of 11/10/04 in the amount of $30,164.68, which has excluded from it the Haunted House expenses of $71.02 to Paul Pidgeon Sales, $202.50 to the Mountain Times and $1.95 to Keith’s. Approved 4, 1 abstained. Motion passed.
TOWN MANAGER’S REPORT
M. Balch informed the Board of the following items:
- The Historical Society water lines are insulated and should not freeze this winter.
- M. Balch has spoken with the Pittsford Commons group and informed them on where the project stands.
- The compacter is here and is due to be installed soon.
- Tim Giddings’ dog kennel has been constructed and the dogs are chained inside the kennel.
- The Town has received its medical insurance rates for next year. The rate will go up 15 %, which is slightly less then what was expected.
- The draft of the FY 2006 Town expense budget will be presented at the next meeting for discussion.
- The draft Capital Budget by department projected for the next five years was presented to the Board for review.
- The Board received a detailed break down of interest and balance for the loan payments the Town made in the prior order.
- The dog bite incident has been completed with M. Warfle’s note on the construction of the kennel.
- M. Balch drafted a letter to all employees in reference to reporting all potential claims against the Town to the Town Manager.
- M. Balch has filed the appropriate application for the covered bridge abutment grants.
No comments were made.
The Board recessed the Select Board and went into the Sewer Board at 6:59 P.M. The Board reconvened at 7:04 P.M.
M. Balch presented a draft letter to Rutland Veterinary Clinic and Surgical Center on the Town’s ordinance on the handling and medical treatment of stray animals that are confiscated by Town Personnel. The Board reviewed the draft letter. The Board discussed the recourse between the owner and the Town on recovering the expenses of the treatment. The Board was in consensus with the draft letter. M. Balch will send it out.
Omission and Errors
The Board reviewed the errors and omission. L. Pomainville moved and A. Hitchcock seconded a motion to approve the errors and omissions as presented. Unanimously approved.
D. Markowski moved and L. Pomainville seconded a motion to appoint Mark Winslow to the Recreation Department. He is filling the term left open by Mary Lou Brod. Unanimously approved.
The Board discussed having a garage built to house the Town’s Police cruiser. The Board directed M. Balch to research the Town’s collective needs over the next five years prior to determining the garage size. The Board also discussed a multi function facility that would house all the Town’s vehicles and incorporate the sand/salt supply.
Municipal Town Building Roof
M. Balch informed the Board that the roof on the Municipal building would need to be replaced next year. The Board discussed a standing seam or a 40-year architectural shingle roof. M. Balch will research the 40-year shingle roof expense.
M. Balch discussed the possibility of purchasing a brush chipper. The Board directed M. Balch to continue to rent chippers at this time.
M. Balch presented the need of the Water Supervisor to purchase an ATV to reach the remote areas of the water system. The Board was not in consensus of purchasing an ATV. They did discuss renting an ATV when the need presents itself.
D. Markowski mentioned that he had received the list of the roads and trails from the Snowmads. The list is the same as last years. A. Hitchcock moved and L. Pomainville seconded a motion to approve the list of trails and roads submitted from the Snowmads, without any significant changes from last year. Unanimously approved.
Without any further business, the Board adjourned at 7:40
Thomas “Hank” Pelkey, Chair
Larry Pomainville, Vice-Chair
Dave Markowski, Selectman
W. Joseph Gagnon, Selectman
Allan Hitchcock, Selectman
Paula Bizon, Recording Secretary