Town of Pittsford
Thomas “Hank” Pelkey opened the meeting at 6:30 P.M. The Board members present were: Thomas “Hank” Pelkey, Larry Pomainville, Allen Hitchcock, Dave Markowski and Joseph Gagnon. Also present were Michael Balch, Roy Newton and Paula Bizon Recording Secretary.
The Board minutes of 10/13/04 were reviewed, discussed and approved. A correction regarding accuracy of the water system maps was noted.
The orders of 10/27/04 were reviewed, discussed and approved. M. Balch informed the Board that he would be looking into increasing the Police Dept. minutes on their current phone program. He will be researching different phone programs to find the best offer. The Board requested an update on the Police Dept. work hours. M. Balch informed the Board that he would be going over the numbers later in tonight’s meeting.
TOWN MANAGER’S REPORT
- M. Balch informed the Board that the dead tree issue at the Parker property has been scheduled for removal.
- The Historical Society’s water pipe insulation service has been scheduled.
- M. Balch informed the Board that the cost of sludge removal has been researched. The amount for removal is $330/1,000 gallons, including trucking.
- M. Balch informed the Board that H. McKinlay has contacted the applicant who requested the road access. She has left messages. M. Balch spoke with a relative that stated the resident is not in a hurry for the permit and will get in touch with the Town when his workload allows.
- M. Balch informed the Board that he has contacted VTrans and they have the Truck Route Bridge on their schedule for inspection before December 31, 2004.
- M. Balch informed the Board that he has not sent a memo to the employees about documenting any potential claims against the Town. He has discussed this with the employees during a staff meeting and will be drafting a memo shortly.
- M. Balch presented a new report, Budget/Actual Comparison FY 2005, to the Board for their review. The overall budget is well within its projected figures for the end of the 1st quarter.
- M. Balch informed the Board that he has sent a letter to G. Kupferer in reference to the Pittsford Commons pumping station.
No comments were made.
The Board recessed the Select Board and went into the Sewer Board at 6:45 P.M. The Board reconvened at 6:50 P.M.
M. Balch informed the Board that he has received a quote for the compactor. They do have a compactor in stock and could have it installed before the winter. M. Balch will research whether or not the compactor will be outside of a building, thereby requiring a heater unit. D. Markowski moved and L. Pomainville seconded a motion to accept the bid from Atlantic Leasing Incorporation for a new compacter at the cost of $14,738. If the heater is not needed the bid should be reduced by the cost of the heater. Unanimously approved.
Errors and Omission
The Board reviewed the Errors and Omissions letter from the Listers. H. Pelkey moved and L. Pomainville seconded a motion to reduce the grand list by $64.00 to $2,695,406.51 per the errors and omissions letter. Unanimously approved.
The Board reviewed a letter from VTrans requesting that the Town submit a request for an abutment project on the Depot Bridge. The consensus of the Board was to have M. Balch draft a letter to VTrans to apply for the abutment project as it concerns the Depot Bridge.
Dog Bite Incident
M. Balch presented information to the Board on a dog bite incident that occurred on Sunday afternoon. The Board reviewed a copy of the Town’s dog bite ordinance. The complaint to the Town was presented on Monday, October 25, 2004, and followed up in writing on the 27th. M. Balch will direct M. Warfle to investigate the incident. The Board must meet within seven days of the complaint and hold a hearing on the incident. M. Balch reviewed the ordinance with the Board. The dogs were captured by the Town and returned to their owner. The Board will hold the hearing on Wednesday November 3rd, 2004 at 6:30 P.M. in the Municipal Building. M. Balch will research the incidents leading up to the event.
In accordance with 1VSA 312(b) where premature general public knowledge would clearly place the Municipality or person involved at a substantial disadvantage, the Board unanimously agreed to go into executive session to discuss Contracts and Personnel at 7:22 P.M. Michael Balch was invited to stay. P. Bizon was excused. The Board came out of executive session at 8:20 P.M.
Without any further business, the Board adjourned at 8:22 P.M.
Thomas “Hank” Pelkey, Chair
Larry Pomainville, Vice-Chair
Dave Markowski, Selectman
W. Joseph Gagnon, Selectman
Allan Hitchcock, Selectman
Paula Bizon, Recording Secretary