I would like to submit this letter to the editor:
I would like to thank Randy Adams, Director of the town of Pittsford recreation department for all his help putting together the annual Pittsford trail runs on April 27. We had 135 registered for the event and had a great turn out despite the crummy weather. I would also like to thank our sponsors: Club Fitness, OMYA, Inc., Querrey Industrial, Boondock Motors, Vermont Country Store, Heritage Family Credit Union, G. Stone Motors, Otterside Animal Hospital, VELCO, Blue Seal Farm & Home, Townline Equipment, Abundant Life Massage. I would also like to thank the volunteers: Pittsford Fire Dept cadets, Pittsford First Response, Baird and Betsy Morgan, Robin Leight, Monica Keith, Girls on the Run-Brandon, Keith Bishop, Kellie Corlew, Brian Connaughton, Club Fitness staff. Hoping for better weather next year, see you on the trails!
2019 Event Information: 4th Annual Pittsford Trail Runs – 5k & 1 Mile Saturday, April 27, 2019 Registration opens at 8 am, Registration closes 10 minutes before 1 Mile begins. 1 mile begins at 9 am, 5k begins at 9:30 am
Please join us at the Pittsford Recreation area on the amazing trails for this event. This event encourages all ages and fitness levels and last year included many 4-legged friends! We have an amazing group of sponsors that make this event possible. Please be sure to visit/thank the businesses and individuals that have donated to this and last year’s event. This is a Rain or Shine Event. Please visit event page on Facebook for updates!
Please indicate participant ages on registration form. Top 3 finisher prizes will be awarded in Adult and Youth (12 and under) categories. Each participant will receive a raffle ticket for ‘door prizes’ to be pulled at end of race. **This event is a FUN RUN it is NOT a timed race. A timing clock will be available and ONLY the top finishers in each category will be recorded.**
Please indicate Requested Shirt Size on registration forms. Shirts are ONLY guaranteed to participants pre-registered by April 8, 2019. All other shirts are first come-first served on race day. Shirts will be available and distributed on race day upon registration.
Entry fees: Pre-register by April 8, 2019 to be guaranteed a t-shirt – $12 for 5K – $7 for 1mile *Race day registration – $20 for 5k – $15 for 1 mile. Payment options listed above.
Please Note: ALL individual adult participants MUST complete a registration form. Family members can register on the same form.
– 1 mile begins at 9 am, 5k begins at 9:30 am
– Be sure to visit Business/info table and thank sponsors for the event.
– Volunteers in orange vests will be along the route to provide assistance/direction
– Arrows and signs as well as marking paint/tape to guide/warn you
– Beginning of 5k, loop lower field, then upper field – follow cones/volunteers
– Water stations at 1 mile intervals at Preschool and Church, Food available at pavilion
– Walkers/Dogs to the back *Please see below for Dog Participant Rules – Stay to the left of the trail as runners will be passing on the right
Dog Participant Rules:
For your dog’s safety, and to make this event enjoyable for all, participants must abide by the rules listed below. We encourage the participation of dogs that are accustomed to regular exercise and are well adjusted to crowds and noisy environments with large numbers of people and other dogs. Please indicate on registration if you will be bringing your dogs(s).
- Dog must be current on all shots and rabies vaccination. 2. Dog must wear an ID Tag.
- No dogs in heat and no aggressive dogs.
- Dog must be leashed (6ft. max length) & in control at all times. No retractable leashes please. 5. You must pick up after your dog. Disposable bags and water will be provided 6. Children must be at least 13 years old to participate with a dog without adult supervision. 7. Participants bringing dogs on the trails will be asked to start at the back of the group 8. Dog owners are expected to give other runners the right of way.
Participate Link: Pittsford Trail Runs 5k & 1 Mile
FACEBOOK LINK: https://www.facebook.com/events/199335220984758/