The meeting was called to order at 6:30PM by Thomas “Hank” Pelkey, Chairman.
Select Board members present: Jane Cornell, W. Joseph Gagnon, David Trombley, Thomas Hooker and Thomas “Hank” Pelkey. Also present: John Haverstock, and Kelly Giard – Recording Secretary.
T. Pelkey stated that there is no need for Executive Session.
T. Pelkey indicated that there was a need to amend the agenda to include the appointment of a Library Trustee. T. Hooker seconded to amend the agenda and accept the agenda as amended. Motion passed unanimously 5 – 0.
The Select Board minutes from the August 19, 2015 Select Board meeting were signed, with no corrections.
The orders, in the amount $29,777.41 and $12,527.77 (Payroll) were approved, with the following discussion:
J. Gagnon inquired about the expense for highway proguard magnesium. J. Haverstock explained that this is a dust control product.
TOWN MANAGER’S REPORT
J. Haverstock reported on the following:
- The Hazard Mitigation Committee met on August 26 and will host a Public Hearing on September 10 at 1:00 PM to obtain input prior to submitting to the Select Board at their October 7 meeting.
- The external audit by Sullivan and Powers has been postponed until September 16, due to the staffing shortage in the Town Clerk’s office.
- Resident volunteers will be meeting on September 21 for the Red Cross Shelter Initiative training. This training will occur at the Municipal Office Conference Room from 1 – 5 PM.
- Janet Mondlak, the web master and Town Report Coordinator has announced her resignation. Jackson Whelan, the developer of the current website, has agreed to perform duties previously performed by Ms. Mondlak for one year at the current rates.
- Pike Industries will be in Pittsford during the week of September 14 to pave the roads, as outlined in this years’ work plan.
- Markowski Excavating will begin work on the West Creek Road project on September 8. This project is expected to last for 3 weeks. VT Rail has been consulted regarding the project, which will be from the intersection of West Creek Road and Whipple Hollow Road and continue southward on West Creek Road to the Bovey Farm.
- There have been 10 letters sent to owners of real property that have met the criteria for tax sale. In the event there is no payment plan in place prior to September 18, the properties will be forwarded to legal counsel for potential tax sale.
- Countryside Glass is expected to be working on the handicap doors at the Town Offices on September 18. The Conference Room door may not be done at the same time, depending on how the first project proceeds. The alarm company and an electrician have been consulted on this project.
- There will be a Staff Meeting on September 10 at 9:00 AM and members of the Select Board are invited to attend.
- The deadline for the Newsletter is September 15. This deadline is important due to the time-sensitive nature of the information to be included.
- The Haunted House dates will be October 16, 17, 23 and 24.
- The Staff Picnic will be held on September 11 from Noon to 2:00 PM at the Rec Area.
- The Municipal Office and all Town related functions will be closed on September 7 in observance of Labor Day.
None presented at this time.
None presented at this time.
Approval of Lister Errors & Omissions:
The Listers’ presented a request for approval of an Error and Omission on parcel 0992. The property owner removed a structure and there was no adjustment made. The property value was decreased from $4,455,200 to $4,347,900.
Motion by J. Gagnon and seconded by J. Cornell to approve the request as presented. Motion passed unanimously 5 – 0.
Nicholas Michael has offered his services to the Zoning Board of Adjustment. J. Haverstock recommended forwarding the letter of interest to the Zoning Board of Adjustment Chair and Vice Chair for consideration.
Motion by D. Trombley and seconded by J. Gagnon to elevate Sherry Reed, who was recently appointed as the Alternate member, to a full member of the Zoning Board of Adjustment. This vacancy became available due to the resignation of Cathy Rider. Motion passed unanimously 5 – 0.
Appointment of Library Trustee:
Cathy Rider has resigned as a Library Trustee. Bonnie Stewart stated that Shirlee Nickless is willing to fill this position. Motion by T. Pelkey and seconded by T. Hooker to appoint Ms. Nickless to the vacant Library Trustee position. Motion passed unanimously 5 – 0.
BUDGET STATUS REPORT:
J. Haverstock reported that the Fiscal Year budget ended with the General Fund expenses at 99.19% of budgeted expenditures. The Highway Fund expenses were at 108.19% of budget.
None necessary at this time.
The meeting adjourned at 6:47 PM.
The next regular meeting of the Select Board will be held on September 16, 2015.
Kelly Giard, Recording Secretary
Thomas “Hank” Pelkey, Chairman
Thomas Hooker, Vice Chairman
Jane Cornell, Selectman
W. Joseph Gagnon, Selectman
David Trombley, Selectman