Planning Commission Members Present – Kathryn Brown, Don Nickless, and Thor Konwin. Others Present – Bruce Paynter, Reginald Charbonneau, Carolyn Schwalbe (Chittenden Planning Commission), Peter Abramon (Chittenden Planning Commission), Aria Harned (Chittenden Planning Commission), Emerson Frost, John Haverstock, Joe Gagnon, Allen Hitchcock, Bob Harnish, Peg Armitage, Amy Loomis – Zoning Administrator, and Kelly Giard, Recording Secretary
D. Nickless, Chair, called the meeting to order at 7:00 PM.
Town Plan Public Hearing:
D. Nickless asked the public for comments with regard to the proposed Town Plan.
A. Hitchcock expressed the following comments:
- Recommended working closer with OMYA to encourage business growth and with other local business such as local graphic artists
- Inquired why the loss of seasonal residences and inquired if this was happening in other towns
- To consider incorporating pedestrian and bike paths and clearly marking these paths
- Inquired why a section concerning ancient roads was not included
- Noted that the Water & Sewer situation is changing continually. There is an abundant capacity in the water system and that the sewer system will be undergoing several changes.
E. Frost inquired if the ancient roads could be considered for the biking/hiking trails. J. Haverstock will research this topic with Mr. Frost.
J. Gagnon stated that Chittenden may have some information and input with regard to the Ancient Roads. B. Paynter indicated that Peg Flory may also have some information with regard to this topic.
Carolyn Schwalbe indicated that Mendon has a Park & Ride program in place, which may be included within the Energy Section. Ms. Schwalbe indicated that there may be some grant funding available to assist with such a program.
J. Gagnon inquired if there was a way to tell what changes had been made to the Town Plan. D. Nickless indicated that each and every section has undergone some change, thus, it is difficult to highlight the changes.
Meeting adjourned at 7:30 PM
Kelly Giard, Recording Secretary
Don Nickless, Chair
Thor Konwin, Vice Chair