SAFE SITTER BABYSITTING COURSE
This interactive program is for 11-13 year old students interested in becoming a “Safe Sitter” babysitter. Participants will learn about child care essentials, injury prevention & management and how to care for choking kids.
REGISTER EARLY MAX. OF 8 STUDENTS ONLY!!! DEADLINE TO REGISTER IS 3/21/18
DATES: Saturday & Sunday, April 7 & 8, 2018
TIME: 9:00 am– 2:30 pm
WHERE: Lothrop Elementary School Cafeteria
To register for this program call Randy Adams, Pittsford Recreation Director, 483-6500 ext. 17.
Becoming a Safe Sitter® means you’ll gain confidence and learn how to handle situations that may happen on the job. This knowledge will help you in the future too!
What do you learn?
- How injuries happen so you can prevent them
- How to decide how serious a problem is if someone is injured
- How to get help if you need it
- How to keep yourself safe when babysitting
- How to rescue a choking infant or child
- How to prevent problem behavior
This 2-day course is for 11 to 13 year old girls and boys.
During breaks, snacks will be provided to the students on behalf of the Safe Sitter® program. Lunch is not provided. Students should bring a bag lunch.