The meeting was called to order at 6:30 PM by Thomas “Hank” Pelkey, Chairman.
Select Board members present: Thomas “Hank” Pelkey, Jane Cornell, W. Joseph Gagnon, and David Trombley. Also present: Mike Warfle, John Haverstock and Kelly Giard – Recording Secretary.
J. Haverstock indicated that there was a need for Executive Session for one contractual issue concerning the OMYA fire house lease; and one legal issue concerning the Haunted House parcel. Motion by T. Pelkey and seconded by D. Trombley to enter into Executive Session for legal and contractual. Motion passed unanimously 4– 0.
J. Haverstock stated that there was no need to amend the agenda.
Motion by T. Pelkey and seconded by D. Trombley to adopt the agenda as presented. Motion passed unanimously 4 – 0.
The Select Board minutes from the April 19, 2017 meeting were signed, with no corrections.
The orders in the amount $36,346.85 and $14,345.54 (Payroll) were approved, with the following discussion:
J. Cornell inquired about the expense for the Caverly subdivision. J. Haverstock explained that this would be discussed in Executive Session.
J. Gagnon inquired about the expense for the Water and Sewer Study. J. Haverstock explained that this was part of the Otter Creek Engineering retainer to evaluate the utility line replacement project with regard to the Route 7 Segment 2 upgrade project.
TOWN MANAGER’S REPORT
J. Haverstock reported on the following:
- The 48 gallon container will be delivered to the Transfer Station during the week of May 15 to collect compostable food scrap materials.
- The Mosquito District staff has been in Pittsford/Florence sampling wetlands and applying larvicide and where needed.
- There will be a staff meeting on May 4 at 9:00 AM. Select Board members are invited to attend.
- The Town Manager will be attending the OMYA Community Affairs Team meeting on May 11. Anyone with concerns is invited to speak with the Town Manager.
- Vermont Green-Up Day is Saturday, May 6. OMYA has teamed up with Randy Adams and Keith’s Country Store and BK Services to collect the bags at the Municipal Offices and provide a light lunch.
- Thank you to Randy Adams and the Recreation Committee for the successful 5k and one- mile Trail Runs that had more than 250 participants.
- VTrans has reported that Pittsford will not be receiving grant funding this year for Class 2 roads. Information on the remaining grant applications is expected soon.
None presented at this time.
None presented at this time.
Remarks about Pittsford Police Department:
Ms. Spain was not present for this discussion and the topic was tabled.
The Select Board recessed at 6:43 PM and convened as the Liquor Board.
The Liquor Board has received one request for approval of a Wedding Catering Permit by Café Provence at a private residence. The Liquor Board agreed to approve the request. The Town Clerk will be advised of this agreement.
The Liquor Board adjourned at 6:44 PM.
The Select Board reconvened at 6:44 PM.
T. Pelkey made a motion and seconded by D. Trombley to go into Executive Session for legal to discuss the Haunted House; and contractual to discuss OMYA where premature knowledge would be damaging to the Town, and may be jeopardized by public disclosure.
In accordance with 1 VSA 312 (b), where premature general public knowledge would clearly place the Municipality or person involved at a substantial disadvantage, the Board unanimously agreed to enter into Executive Session for the purpose of legal and contractual at 6:44 PM. The Town Manager Haverstock was invited to remain for Executive Session.
The Select Board exited Executive Session at 6:53 PM with no action taken.
The meeting adjourned at 6:53 PM.
The next regular meeting of the Select Board will be held on May 17, 2017.
Kelly Giard, Recording Secretary
Thomas “Hank” Pelkey, Chairman
Thomas Hooker, Vice Chairman
Jane Cornell, Selectman
W. Joseph Gagnon, Selectman
David Trombley, Selectman