The Town of
P.O. Box 10, 426 Plains Road
Pittsford, VT 05763
INVITATION FOR BIDS
May 1, 2017
The Town of Pittsford is requesting bids for fuel deliveries from July 1, 2017 through June 30, 2018 to the following Town locations, as specified below:
- 12,000 gallons of ultra low sulfur diesel fuel to the Town Highway Garage, Pleasant St.
- 1,500 gallons of #2 heating oil to the Town Highway Garage, Pleasant St.
- 2,500 gallons of off road diesel fuel to the Transfer Station, Depot St.
- 3,000 gallons of #2 heating oil to the Fire Department, Pleasant St.
- 1,000 gallons of #2 heating oil to the Town Office, Plains Rd.
- 2,000 gallons of #2 heating oil to the Maclure Library, Arch St.
- 2,000 gallons of propane to the Fire Department Auxiliary Station, Florence
- 2,000 gallons of propane to the Sewer Plant, Arch St.
- 100 gallons of propane for Fire Station Generator, Pleasant St.
- 100 gallons propane for Town Office generator, Plains Rd.
- 100 gallons of propane to water well house, River St., Florence
- 150 gallons of propane to water pump shed, Route 7 Red Barn
Sealed bids will be received at the Office of the Pittsford Town Manager and submitted at the above address, until Thursday, May 25, 2017 at 11:30 A.M at which time they will be opened and read. Bids should be submitted in a sealed envelope marked Pittsford Fuel Bid.
Selection of the supplier will be based upon bidders’ qualifications, including evidence of past performance in similar projects (ie: prompt service) and bid price. The contract will be awarded to the bidder deemed by the Town to be the lowest responsible and responsive bidder.
Payment will be made within 30 days of the delivery of fuel and submission of an invoice.
The bidder agrees that its bid shall be good and may not be withdrawn for a period of 30 days, (Saturday, Sundays and legal holidays excluded) after the opening of the bids.
The Town reserves the right to waive any informalities, to accept or reject, in whole or in part, any or all bids, or take whatever other action may be deemed to be in the best interests of the Town.
TOWN OF PITTSFORD
By John Haverstock, Town Manager