Meeting Minutes : TOWN OF PITTSFORD WATER AND SEWER COMMISSION – March 21, 2017

TOWN OF PITTSFORD

WATER AND SEWER COMMISSION
March 21, 2017

 

Water and Sewer Commission Members Present – Dave Pearson, Ernie Clerihew and Helen McKinlay.  Absent:  Bob Harnish and Clarence Greeno.  Others present:  John Kiernan, Shawn Hendee, John Haverstock and Kelly Giard – Recording Secretary.

Dave Pearson, Chairman, called the meeting to order at 6:30 PM.

 

Adoption of Agenda:

J. Haverstock stated that there was no need for Executive Session.

J. Haverstock stated that there was no need to amend the agenda.

Motion by H. McKinlay and seconded by E. Clerihew to adopt the agenda as presented.

Motion passed unanimously 3 – 0.

 

Minutes:

The minutes from the February 21, 2017 meeting were signed, with a no changes.

 

Town Managers Report: 

J. Haverstock reported the following:

  • Thank you to Chairman Pearson for his presentation at Town Meeting.

 

Public Comment: 

None presented at this time.

 

Water:

Presentation of Water System Mapping Project:

John Kiernan from Otter Creek Engineering was present to discuss the Water System Mapping Project.  Mr. Kiernan reviewed each segment of the project and explained recommendations to the Water & Sewer Commission.

The Mapping Project covers areas such as Capital Budgeting Recommendations, Asset Management Planning, Maps, Asset Inventory (pipes, valves, meters, tanks, pump stations, etc.) and was paid with Grant Funding.  There will be research done to locate possible grant funds to perform a similar exercise for the Sewer Department.

A complete packet of information and recommendations were presented to each Commission member for review and comments.

Mr. Kiernan reported that Otter Creek Engineering is waiting for information from CLD with regard to the Furnace Brook construction project that will involve relocation of the water line.  The State of Vermont has delayed this project for at least another year.

Mr. Kiernan will be meeting with the Town Manager and Shawn Hendee to review the models and the project.

J. Haverstock advised that updates on any infrastructure upgrades will be performed annually, or as needed, by Otter Creek Engineering staff until the current staff is trained to do so itself.

Mr. Kiernan exited at 7:14 PM.

Review State’s Sanitary Survey Correspondence:

J. Haverstock reported that the annual Sanitary Survey changes are being addressed and there is a need for a comprehensive O & M Manual for the entire water system.  A sump pump will be installed in the vault at the Florence Pump Station.

 

Sewer:

Review State’s Revolving Fund Priority List for Wastewater Projects:

J. Haverstock reported that Mark Youngstrom has applied for funding for the Depot Hill Pump Station replacement project.  J. Haverstock applied for funding for the Aeromod- recommended process improvements.  The anticipated grant funding available is 52%  for the Depot Hill project and; 50% for the process upgrades.  Mr. Youngstrom will be present at the April meeting to discuss these projects and funding options.

Review WWTF Capacity Study:

A copy of this study was included in the packets for review.   Mr. Youngstrom will discuss this study at the April meeting.

 

Water & Sewer:

None presented at this time.

 

Other:

None presented at this time.

Executive Session:

There was no need for Executive Session.

 

Adjournment:
The Commission adjourned at 7:26 PM.

The next regular meeting will be held on April 18, 2017.

 

Respectfully Submitted,

Kelly Giard, Recording Secretary

_________________________________

David Pearson, Chairman

_______________ABSENT__________

Clarence Greeno, Vice Chairman

________________ABSENT_________

Bob Harnish

_________________________________

Ernie Clerihew

_________________________________

Helen McKinlay